Wednesday, October 15, 2008

More Photography-related Stuff

I see that a few people still read this blog - which comes as a complete surprise to me :)

It was mostly a way of therapy for me, something I could do about all the things that make me mad in my everyday work. But, it sure is nice to have some kind of feedback.


Anyway, I promised some photos from my visit to Paris in March this year. Like I said, with all the work and daily frustrations, I tend to forget that there's more to life than work. So, after seeing Venice for the first time in my life in February, I decided that I could travel some more. Less than a month later, I went to Paris for couple of days, with a friend who translates from and into French. A Francophone, he's been to Paris many times, and he was an ideal guide.

We ate well, and drank very good wine. Paris is expensive, but is worth it. My advice: wear comfortable shoes, walk a lot, and by all means visit Place des Vosges...

Being an analog photographer, I just had to take a funky medium-format camera with me: a Holga. I just got it from a friend a couple of weeks before that, and this was the first time I actually shot with it. I got a couple of usable shots :)

So, here are a couple of Holga shots - from Paris, for a change :)










The last one should actually be No. 1, since for me it was the most important place to see: Pere Lachaise cemetery, and the resting place of the Lizard King himself... James Douglas Morrison. I had to pay homage. This was THE place I had to visit - everything else was less important.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home